Monday, November 30, 2009

Receiver Hdmi Audio Is There An HDMI-DVI Limitation That Shuts Off Audio Even To The Receiver?

Is there an HDMI-DVI limitation that shuts off audio even to the receiver? - receiver hdmi audio

I have 3 HDMI audio / video, I want to connect with an HDMI-compatible receiver and then the audio through the speakers connected to the amplifier and feed video via an HDMI-DVI to my TV. I read somewhere that because of the HDMI-DVI conversion of audio, including my speakers, which can be cut. Can anyone confirm? If it is a solution? I know it can have an optical audio output of my constituents, but it is a pity that I did not HDMI-HDMI audio receiver.

5 comments:

BANG P said...

We must tell the model number of the recipient, because not support all HDMI audio receiver via an HDMI cable.

TV guy said...

Like everyone says, is not put DVI sound.
Can receive, depending on the functions of the receiver to your TV audio by connecting a standard stereo RCA cable from the receiver to the DVD audio input on your TV. Most televisions use a computer as an audio input for DVI, which means that, in this case, a connection agreement, 3.5 mm audio adapter.

Grumpy Mac said...

".. Read somewhere that because of the HDMI-DVI conversion of audio, including my speakers, which are cut."

No

Many receivers will reduce the TV audio receiver that the speakers are not incompatible with the TV speakers.

This will mute the TV may be what you speak.

2Negativ... said...

DVI does not carry an audio signal. You must use other methods to get the audio when you are connected via DVI.

Stephen M said...

I think a DVI connection does not transmit sound.

Post a Comment